We wanted to do something a little different this year to coincide with the festive period and to highlight the features of perhaps one of the most, if not the most, fascinating fire in our range:
The Go Eco BakeChef!
We introduced this stove in 2022 and since then, it’s grown in popularity for those who want to embrace the off-grid life or want to occasionally want to cook by wood.
This culinary idea started back in the summer – when each week, we took the time to research and prepare twelve dishes to create our very own take on The Twelve Days of Christmas.
Here is a link to the YouTube videos of each of the twelve dishes. All filming took place at our Telford site, where members of the team took it in turns to prepare a dish. None of the cooks were professional chefs, which is testament to show that anyone can cook with wood! Especially if it’s on a Go Eco BakeChef.
Partridge in a Pear Tree – Baked Pears
Two turtle doves – Gingerbread biscuits
Three French hens – Three roast chickens casserole
Four Calling Birds – Chicken and mushroom pie
Five Gold Rings – Cake doughnuts with cinnamon sugar
Six Geese a laying – Black pudding scotch eggs
Seven Swans a swimming – Beetroot and Coriander soup with swan-shaped croutons
Eight maids a-milking – Hot chocolate
Nine ladies dancing – Ladies fingers curry
Ten Lords a leaping – Cinnamon popcorn
Eleven Pipers Piping – Cupcakes pipped with icing
Twelve Drummers Drumming – Cinnamon chicken drumsticks
Get The Cook Book!
We have created a detailed cookbook of all the recipes above, so anyone can recreate these festive delights.
To view the Go Eco BakeChef stove please visit our information page here.
Here are (twelve!) Go Eco BakeChef – Key Facts:
1. Modern, substantial design brings a lot of character effortlessly making it a showpiece for any environment
2. Extra-large air-washed flame-viewing windows for both the firebox and the oven
3. Standard brushed-steel cooking top accommodates pans up to 28-32cm
4. 82.5% efficiency, A+ for best in class performance
5. Stainless-steel handle, trims, ashpan and all fixings for durability and long service
6. Separate simple air control sliders to control the air wash and oven temperature
7. SIA Ecodesign 2022 and ClearSkies Level 5 compliance for future-proof peace of mind
8. DEFRA exempt for smoke control areas as standard
9. Compatible with off-grid living- capable of both heating and cooking
10. Large oven accepts full-size bakeware and ovenware item
11. Convector Stove Technology
12. Optional Flue Heatshield or Firebox Heatshield accessories allow you to customise your stove.