It’s a smart move to buy a stove or fire now. Here is why…..
The most popular time to buy a stove tends to be in the autumn, when the cooler temperatures and shorter days focuses people’s attention towards keeping warm and spending more time in doors. So why would you buy a stove or fire in the summer?
There are some very good reasons for this, which include:
1. Time is on your side – When people want a stove or fire fitted, there is often a rush to have it installed in time for Christmas, or at least before the really cold weather sets in. Installers are often under significant pressure during these busy periods, and so sometimes there can be a longer than expected waiting time, especially so of you want it fitted as soon as possible. By having a stove or fire fitted in the summer means there is much less of a rush, you also have the luxury of having a wider choices of available dates for fitting.
2. Safer Weather – During the winter there is a greater chance of adverse weather causing a delay in the fitting of your stove or fire. This is especially true if there is snow or ice, or even high winds present. A new flue is not always required with an install, but if one is required an installer will have to gain access to the top of your chimney. This is not safe to do in adverse weather, and can unfortunately cause frustrating delays. In summer months the chance of adverse weather impacting on an install is greatly reduced.
3. Increased Choice – Deciding to have a stove or fire fitted in the summer can mean you have a wider choice, and the chances of your dream fire being out of stock due to high demand is reduced. Although our showrooms have a wide range of stock, and we have the logistics in place for quick production and delivery there still is a lead time, which for some could be too long, especially if they are looking for an install within a short time frame.
4. Increased Potential Savings – Although we do not slash the cost of our stoves and fires during quiet periods, which is sometimes the case with other industries, in the summer months the chances of potential savings on certain product ranges can increase, especially after a period of no sales due to Covid-19. This is also especially so with some end of line ranges, which are often phased out during the quieter times, to make way for the new to range items in the autumn months. These end of line stock can sometimes be sold with a discount depending on the decision made by the showroom at any given time.
5. You’re Supporting Local – We’re huge advocates of buying local and supporting local business. Many businesses will be desperate for support when they soon open, having been shut for so long. You will be doing your part in helping support the high street, and local, family run businesses.
6. You Will be Safe – Whether you’re in a showroom, or having an installer in your home, all will be displaying the very highest level of hygiene and social distancing measures possible, to help ensure yours (and their) safety at all times.
The fact is having a stove or fire fitted in the summer makes a lot of sense for a wide range of reasons, even in these strange, unprecedented times. Generally you have more time, a potentially greater range of products to choose from, with a wider range of fitting dates, which can be based around your own requirements. You’re also helping support local business!
Search for a fire showroom near you with our online showroom facility – start search