- Our Range
- Fire Types
- About us
- Contact Us
Charlton & Jenrick have passed a hugely significant milestone during April 2018 with the achievement of SIA Ecodesign Ready certification of their entire solid fuel stove range, more than 3.5 years ahead of the mandate.
But what does it mean for a stove to be Ecodesign Ready?
For a stove to be awarded the SIA Ecodesign label, a stove needs to be independently tested by an approved test laboratory, and it needs to meet the emissions and minimum efficiency criteria for Ecodesign. The results from the laboratory test must then be verified by HETAS. If the stove reached the required efficiency level, it will be listed on the HETAS website as an Ecodesign Ready stove.
From the year 2022 all wood and multi fuel stoves in the UK will need to be Ecodesign Ready. From 2020 the main manufacturers will only produce new fireboxes that will satisfy Ecodesign.
You can check all the Charlton & Jenrick Ecodesign fires on HETAS website – More Info:
Who Are the SIA?
Formed in 2008, The Stove Industry Alliance (SIA) aims to promote and explain the benefits of wood-burning stoves. Their objectives are:
• To lobby and influence government on legislation affecting stoves and to promote their benefits and environmental advantages.
• To promote and explain the benefits and environmental advantages of stoves as heating appliances.
• To maintain an independently audited system to monitor stove sales trends in the UK.
• To provide a brief to HETAS of those issues which fall within HETAS’s remit and are necessary to fulfil the objectives of the SIA.
• To promote the nature of SIA member’s products and services and how to assess the quality, safety and efficiency of these products.
• To emphasise that the members of the SIA commit to ensuring that their products meet the appropriate standards of quality, safety and efficiency.
Who are HETAS?
HETAS is a not-for-profit organisation that approves biomass and solid fuel heating appliances, fuels and services, including the registration of competent installers and servicing businesses.
As it is a SIA sponsored label, it can only be applied to SIA member stoves.
The Ecodesign label will show to consumers that the stove comes from a member of the SIA and has been tested to prove compliance. In todays competitive selling environment, SIA Ecodesign provides a huge advantage and helps position Ecodesign stoves as a sustainable, environmentally friendly way to heat a home.
How Ecodesign Stoves Perform:
Below are some diagrams, which show various pollution measurements by heating source, and the tough Ecodesign Limit.
Other Ecodesign Considerations: